Sunday, November 2, 2008

How to use getElementById in JavaScript

Following codes will show you how easy it is to use JavaScript getElementById to manipulate HTML elements.

Example 1 - On mouse over the text will be red, on mouse out it will be black again.


<html>
<head>

<script type="text/javascript">

function chng_color()
{
document.getElementById('my_div').style.color = 'red';
}

function normal_color()
{
document.getElementById('my_div').style.color = 'black';
}

</script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="my_div" onmouseover="chng_color()" onMouseOut="normal_color()">

This is the first example!!!

</div>

</body>
</html>


Example 2 - Get entered text of a text box and display it on a JavaScript alert box.


<html>
<head>

<script type="text/javascript">

function alrt_text()
{
var entered_text = document.getElementById('my_text_box').value;
alert(entered_text);
}

</script>

</head>

<body>

Your Text:
<input type="text" name="my_text_box" id="my_text_box" onBlur="alrt_text()" />

</body>
</html>


*Always remeber to give a id name for your HTML elements before using getElementById()

Get Free Sinhala IT Learning Videos Kuppiya.com

Subscribe To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment